Biblical Teaching core value and vision
Written by Joel Klase on Aug 11, 2015
Our Vision for Biblical Teaching:
We will grow in our knowledge of God through the preaching and teaching of the Word, in order to live in conformity to Him and harmony with one another.
How and when will we get there? Who will take us there?
- Our Pastors and Elders will review the overall plan for the pulpit teaching at least twice a year, in order to ensure that sermons provide a complete and accurate understanding of the Scripture, support and illuminate BFC teaching, and apply Scriptural understanding to issues relevant to our culture.
- By the year 2017 we will implement a discipleship program.
- By 2019, we will have at least 1/3 of our church family involved in discipleship relationships within the calendar year where Biblical study and application is a key element.
- The Christian Education Committee will oversee curriculum to be used in the Sunday Schools.
- Our Christian Education Committee will continue to evaluate the Children’s Church program and ensure that it is effective and comprehensive.
- By the end of 2017, the CE Committee will develop and implement a program to train the parents in our congregation how to teach their children from the Scriptures within their own homes.
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.